Slow cooked beef with potatoes, this is my all time favorite “humble” Brazilian dish – available in almost all modest restaurants in southeast Brazil, it is for all tastes.
The pressure cooker I have is this one from Kmart and it is a great cost-benefit acquisition.
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 600kg Diced Chuck Slow Cook
- 2 minced pepperoni sausages
- 1/2 brown and 1/2 purple onion , minced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cubes of beef broth
- 500ml hot water
- 3 diced potatoes
- 1 carrot in slices
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped capsicum
- Chopped parsley
- 3 leaves of Bay leaves
- Salt, Black Pepper, Chilli Flakes and Smoked Paprika to taste
- In a pressure cooker, sauté onion in olive oil until onion is transparent.
- Then add the garlic, broth and salt.
- Let it stir a little more and add the meat.
- Stir and sauté the meat for about 3 minutes or until sealed.
- Add the sausage and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add tomato, black pepper, chilli flakes, smoked paprika and water, stir and cover pan.
- Let it cook over medium heat for 60 minutes after catching pressure.
- After that time, turn off the heat and take off the pressure.
- Add the carrot, parsley, potato, bay leaves, paprika and parsley.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and wait for the pressure to come out on its own.
- Serve immediately, with cassava flour!